Summary: We are currently looking for energetic sales representatives that have a background in outside sales and B2B sales. Sunbury Cedar is the largest supplier and installer of Cedar goods in the Lower Mainland, with over 40 years in business, and we are looking for an experienced sales professional that can manage a large territory and substantial leads in the lower mainland. We install fencing, decks and outdoor structures, and we work on projects ranging from small fencing projects to some of the largest commercial projects and in the area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives and organizes leads in a timely, logical fashion so as to maximize daily sales time and minimize mileage. (Road time minimum of 3 days per week)
• Make contact with clients requesting estimates
• Provides clients with accurate, timely product specifications.
• Manage full cycle customer relationships with a focus on generating residual and repeat business.
• Uses common sense and all available resources to facilitate solutions to customer inquiries and issues in a prompt and professional manner.
• Posts brochures, signs and any other distinguishing media at job sites.
• Keeps accurate record of all jobsite visits – including contact and communication notes – on mileage forms and submits these forms as required.
• Perform client presentations
• File tender application documents
• Meet with crew leaders on site of any job with special considerations
• Effectively manages the inventory of sales; evaluates the status of sales orders on a weekly basis; assesses inventory issues, shipping methods, and ship dates; contacts customers as needed; updates and revises the schedule weekly.
• Communicates professionally with the Sales Management, Administration and Shipping Department to administer sales effectively and efficiently.
• Attends product knowledge and training sessions as requested by management
• Attends Sales Division meetings and participates in a professional manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Results focused with strong negotiation and time management skills.
• Able to prioritize work and ability to be flexible and work independently.
• Possesses strong relationship building skills to cultivate and develop customer loyalty
• Post-secondary education is an asset, but is not required.
• Experience with general construction techniques in the building or renovation industry is an asset
• Three years of relevant sales or industry experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Objectively assess client needs and pioneer solutions to those needs within our policies.
• Understand and respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, builders and designers.
• Conduct all communications with customers and business contacts in a conscientious, professional manner
• Effectively present information to clients, administration, and management.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
A competitive (commission based) wage and benefits package are available to the right candidate. We will only contact those selected for the interview process, thank you for your interest.