Reports To: General Manager
The Project Manager carries out the combined sales and project management role. This position requires leadership, foresight, and organization. You will be taking jobs from the initial lead to job completion. Building lasting relationships, managing labour and material resources being responsible for our project timelines, quality control, and on-site safety. Fulltime with benefits and travel reimbursement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing professional service that gets recommended to others
- Create quotes and preform take-offs, identify cost breakdowns, clarifications and job scope details
- Monitoring project schedules, budgets, and work progress
- Lead a strong and effective team of trades that recognizes the vision of our company and respects your leadership
- Ensuring the project is in compliance with safety plans and regulations
- Independently driving production while problem solving any unique challenges that may arise
- Networking to generate new clients and keep our existing ones
- Maintaining excellent relationships with all stakeholders
- Setting and reviewing monthly goals and demonstrating the tenacity it takes to not only hit these goals but to surpass them
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Post Secondary required- bachelor’s degree or diploma, preferably in business administration, project management, or related field
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Results focused with strong time management skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience with project management
- Proficient computer skills, with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Must be able to read construction blueprint and schematics
- Proven site safety experience
- Strong construction knowledge
- Ability to lead and evaluate trade performance
- Ability to manage multiple project timelines, personnel, and material resources
- Maintain the highest quality standards
- Must possess a valid drivers licence and reliable transportation
This role involves a lot of communication between many parties. Respectful and professional written and verbal communication is a must.
Conduct all communications with customers and business contacts in a conscientious, professional manner.
Objectively assess client needs and pioneer solutions to those needs within our policies
Analyze and interpret sales orders, inventory reports, product specifications and account information.
Understand and respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, builders and designers.
Effectively present information to customers, administration, management, and subcontractors